Prince William beams as he whips up a meal with children during charity visit

Prince William was all smiles as he dished up money-saving meals at a centre tackling gang violence among young people.

The Prince of Wales, 40, showed no sign of concern over the release of brotherPrince Harry’s bombshell bookSpare as he embarked on the royal engagement in Slough, Berkshire.

William visited the Together as One charity as it celebrates its 25th birthday – chatting to volunteers at the centre and donning a blue apron to help whip up a teriyaki chicken dish with a group of youngsters.

The prince told the group: “I do a mean steak. My sauces come out quite dry or lumpy – I’ve got to work on those.”


Together as One was founded in response to incidents of gang violence between young people from Asian backgrounds in Slough in the late 1990s.

Among other programmes, the charity teaches children how to resolve conflict and enhance community cohesion.

It also offers a Global Grub programme – which teaches young people how to cook healthy, nutritious food during the on-going cost of living crisis. During the visit, William learned more about the programme, which was created after the NHS Innovation Fund awarded the organisation a £5,000 grant.

William’s royal visit was meant to take place on September 13 last year, but was cancelled in the wake of the death ofQueen Elizabeth II. The original engagement would have seen the Prince of Wales accompanied by his wifeKate Middleton – but he carried out the rescheduled visit solo.

The visit comes a week after the official release of Harry’s record-breaking book Spare. The English language editionsold more than 1.4 million copies on its first day of publication – with publisher Penguin Random House saying the figure was their largest everfirst-day sales total for any non-fiction book.

The book has brought anew round of attacks on the Royal Family – just weeks after Meghan and Harry's Netflix documentary series levelled a fresh round of damning claims against the monarchy.

Among the most explosive allegations in the book was one claim thatPrince William attacked Harry in a row over Meghan.

The memoir also contains a number ofintimate revelations about King Charles – as well as someilluminating insights into royal life.

Meanwhile,Harry and Meghan have released a lengthy statement in response to Jeremy Clarkson’sapology to the pair over an explosive column he wrote about the Duchess of Sussex.

Thestatement for the Sussexes said: “While a new public apology has been issued today by Mr Clarkson, what remains to be addressed is his long-standing pattern of writing articles that spread hate rhetoric, dangerous conspiracy theories and misogyny.”

Elsewhere, friends of King Charles and Camilla were reportedly left aghast at a private dinner at Clarence House last week after the monarchchose not to acknowledge Harry’s recent allegations against the family.

READ MORE

  • To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE

  • A right royal move! Zara Tindall says she and Mike are 'thinking about' moving to Australia

  • Zara and Mike Tindall's raucous day at the races! Royal couple pack on the PDA in Australia

  • Royals want 'peace talks before Coronation and Prince Harry rift is fixable'

  • For the latest news on the royal family, sign up for OK!'s royal newsletter here

Source: Read Full Article