Brit couple found dead in Majorca home from carbon monoxide poisoning named after 'stove and generator' leak gas | The Sun

A POST-mortem has confirmed a tragic British couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the farmhouse in Majorca they moved to last year.

Michael Rowan, 62, and his 56-year-old partner Sharon Price were found lifeless at the country property near the picturesque town of Selva.

The grisly discovery was only made on Monday after their worried son, who lives in the UK, couldn't contact them.

The couple's bodies are believed to have lain undiscovered for two days.

Autopsies have since confirmed investigators' initial suspicions that they died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Local reports suggested the deadly fumes could have been pumping into the property after a leak inside the home.


Eight teen girls ‘stab homeless man to death’ after meeting on social media

BeReal pic got cops taken off duty after officers spark outrage… can you see why?

A faulty wood-burning stove with loose-fitting pipework may be to blame.

However, the motor of a portable generator is said to have also been kept inside the property – and could be a culprit.

The appliance, which is recommended to keep outside, is also believed to have produced the odourless and colourless gas blamed for the couple’s deaths.

Micheal and Sharon's bodies were found after a person looking after their country home went to check on them at around 4pm on Monday.

Most read in The Sun

motor on

Molly Mae ‘mum shamed’ by fans fearing for her safety over latest huge purchase

strictly moving on

Strictly's Helen Skelton and Fleur East land new jobs after show final


Full list of Wetherspoons pubs closing – with some shutting doors within weeks


Topless Argie fan breaks silence with more nude vids as she ducks Qatar's wrath

They are believed to discovered one on a chair while the other was in bed, before frantically alerting police.

Selva's mayor, Joan Rotger, visited the home at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains after being informed of the Brits' deaths.

He told regional TV station IB3 that the ex-pat couple had bought the property around a year and a half ago.

Even before the results of the post-mortems were revealed, the mayor said a case of poisoning linked to gas combustion was the most likely cause of death.

The house is situated in the municipality of Selva, just off the road linking Inca to Mancor de la Vall in the north of Majorca.

It is not yet clear if the couple’s family intend to repatriate their bodies or whether relatives have travelled to the island.

Source: Read Full Article