How to use leftover wrapping paper: Mum-of-two’s genius trick for turning scraps into a stunning homemade present decoration
- Styling guru Chantel Mila has revealed her tips to reuse leftover gift wrap
- The mum-of-two, commonly known as Mama Mila, hopes the tip reduces waste
- Chantel makes a bow and a flower from old paper that she uses to decorate gifts
A Melbourne mum has revealed her creative ways to reuse leftover wrapping paper to reduce waste and add something special to your gifts.
Style guru Chantel Mila shared a tutorial showing how she makes a geometrical flower decoration with offcuts of gift wrap.
The mum-of-two, more commonly known as Mama Mila, also showed her followers how to make a cheap, zero-waste wrapping paper bow.
Scroll down for video
Chantel Mila, a mum-of-three from Melbourne, has revealed how to reuse leftover wrapping to reduce waste and add something special to your gifts
Chantel made a geometric flower by folding a square shaped piece of waste paper into quarters. She then cut slits towards the centre and placed double sided tape in the middle
‘Don’t throw away your leftover paper this Christmas,’ the mum warned when she uploaded her TikTok.
‘This trick is such a simple way to reduce waste and add a beautiful addition to your gifts.’
The first step to making a wrapping paper flower is to take a square shaped piece of waste paper and fold it into quarters.
She then cut slits towards the centre and placed double sided tape in the middle of the paper.
Finally, she brought the four corners inward and her geometric flower was complete.
Chantel’s fans loved the budget decoration hack.
‘Holy moly this is incredible,’ one woman said.
‘Great idea,’ another wrote.
Don’t throw away your gift wrap scraps until you try this simple trick 🎁 such a simple way to reduce waste + add a beautiful addition to your gifts 🤍 #christmas2022 #christmascountdown #christmastiktok #giftwrapping #tipsandtricks
The mum also uploaded a tutorial instructing how to make a bow out of waste wrapping paper.
For a horizontal shaped cutoff, Chantel said you should fold it in half and cut it into a fish like shape.
She then cut a triangle at the end, made two slits on either side and placed them together.
To complete the bow she wrapped a small piece of wrapping paper around the middle.
How to create a beautiful bow using leftover scraps of wrapping paper 🎁 will you be trying this simple trick? #giftwrapping #christmastiktok #christmas #giftwrappinghacks #tipsandtricks #howtofold #howto
How to reuse wrapping paper
Geometrical wrapping paper flower:
* Take a square shaped piece of waste paper and fold it into quarters
* Cut slits towards the centre and place double sided tape in the middle
* Bring the four corners inward to complete the geometric flower
Wrapping paper bow:
* Take a horizontal shaped cut-off, fold it in half and cut it into a fish shape
* Cut a triangle at the end, make two slits on either side and place them together
* To complete the bow, wrap a small piece of wrapping paper around the middle
Source: Read Full Article