AS most women know all too well, tights can be both a blessing and a curse.
The best tights have the ability to slim your waist, elongate your pins, help you battle colder climes and even improve your circulation — but the secret is finding which ones actually work.
Not just a necessity, tights have always been trendy. In the 1960s, after the invention of Spandex, rainbow colours and bright white pairs were all the rage.
These bold styles were perfect for underpinning Mary Quant's mini skirt and models such as Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton and Edie Sedgwick were rarely seen without them.
But it was 20 denier tights that saw us through the 1980s and 1990s and, with high-octane, thigh-skimming Dynasty style dresses coming back into fashion (thanks to Anthony Vaccarello at Saint Laurent and Attico), 2018 saw a serious comeback of these sheer styles, which are still trending today.
Patterned tights, floral lace and logo styles also have become hugely popular and designs including sheer polka dots have already been spotted on the likes of Miley Cyrus and Katie Holmes.
Thicker pairs work well for those who want to cover up from the cold, and even control their figure, too. Feeling overwhelmed? Don't worry, we've got you — here's our selection of the best tights on the market:
Best tights at a glance:
- Best anti-snag tights: Snag Tights
- Best high waisted tights: Heist the Fifty
- Best spanx: Spanx High Waist Shaping Sheer Tights
- Best tights for comfort: Wolford Comfort Cut Tights
- Best patterned and party tights: Calzedonia Sheer Polka Dot Tights
- Best thermal tights: M&S Collection 200 Denier Thermal Fleece Lined Tights
- Best tights for circulation: Scholl Light Legs Compression Tights
- Best sheer tights: Falke Shelina 12 Den Tights
- Best sustainable tights: Swedish Stockings Alma Ribbed 70 denier tights
- Best bamboo tights: Thought Elgin Bamboo Tights
Source: Read Full Article