England rugby star will not be charged after rape arrest

EXCLUSIVE: England rugby star arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage girl after meeting her outside a nightclub will not be charged

  • The 30-year-old sportsman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was held at the Manchester home of a prostitute on January 9
  • He was detained and questioned over claims by a young woman, who had been celebrating her 18th birthday with friends, that she had been sexually assaulted
  • Sex worker Sandra Ntoyna called police the following morning
  • She was also arrested along with the rugby player for ‘administering a substance with intent to stupefy or overpower to allow sexual activity’
  • But both Ms Ntoyna, 41, and the player have been informed they will face no police action 

An England rugby international arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage girl has been told he will not be charged.

The sportsman, 30, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was held at the home of a prostitute in Manchester on January 9.

He was detained and probed over claims by a young woman, who had been celebrating her 18th birthday with friends, that she had been sexually assaulted.

It is believed the pair met outside a nightclub and she told police she had accepted a lift from him.

Around 11am the next morning, police were called by the sex worker Sandra Ntoyna, who gave her permission for her name to be published.

She was also arrested along with the rape suspect for ‘administering a substance with intent to stupefy or overpower to allow sexual activity.’

An England rugby international arrested inside on suspicion of raping a teenage girl has been told he will not be charged

But both Ms Ntoyna, 41, and the player have been informed they will face no police action.

Speaking to Mail Online, the £160-an-hour sex worker said: ‘I am delighted as I never did anything to that girl on that night.

‘It has been a difficult time for me as I knew I was innocent all along. It has been a very tough thing to have to deal with.

‘I am glad that I am not the suspect anymore.’

Sandra Ntonya (above), a sex worker who was arrested along with the rugby player, has also been told she will face no charges

The rugby star was suspended by his club, who reportedly won’t be extending his contract.

A Greater Manchester police spokesman confirmed the pair had been notified they were no longer suspects.

He added: ‘Detectives investigating a report of sexual assault at an address on Thorpeness Square in Manchester on 9 January 2022 have released a 29-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman, with no further action to the taken.

‘This follows a number of lines of inquiry being undertaken, and full consultation with the victim.

‘We have ensured she has remained supported throughout.’

Source: Read Full Article