12-week-old Bichon Frise Cross undergoes emergency surgery after swallowing 20 coins from owner’s purse
- 12-week-old Daisy had swallowed 20 coins from her owner’s missing purse
- In total, the pooch swallowed 13 1ps, three 5ps, two 20ps and two £1 coins
- Daisy underwent emergency surgery and was able to go home the next day
A 12-week-old puppy was forced to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing 20 coins from her owner’s purse that had gone missing.
Mother-of-two Ivana, from Derby, first became concerned when Daisy, a Bichon Frise cross, started vomiting and stopped eating.
The PDSA examined Daisy and carried out an X-ray, revealing that the pup had swallowed a number of coins from the owner’s missing purse.
Daisy’s owner first became concerned when she stopped eating and started vomiting. An X-ray revealed the pup had swallowed 20 coins from her owners missing purse
Daisy’s stomach contained, in total, 13 1ps, three 5ps, two 20ps and two £1 coins. Emergency surgery was carried out to remove the blockage and Daisy is now healing
In total, Daisy swallowed 13 1ps, three 5ps, two 20ps and two £1 coins.
Owner Ivana revealed that she ‘couldn’t believe’ it when the PDSA told her Daisy had ingested so many coins.
She said: ‘My purse had been missing and we’d searched high and low for it, not thinking it was Daisy who was the culprit who ran off with it.
‘I had no idea a puppy would even eat this sort of thing and we were all beside ourselves with worry and so scared we might lose her.
‘My four-year-old daughter is best friends with Daisy and she was very upset.’
Ivana, Daisy’s owner, had lost her purse and was searching ‘high and low’ for it, unaware her pooch was the culprit. If the coins had been left, it could have proved fatal for the pup
The PDSA said the operation was a success and Daisy was able to go home with painkillers and antibiotics the following day.
Vet nurse Sally Frith, who works at Derby PDSA Pet Hospital, said: ‘Daisy has broken a new record – we couldn’t believe the number of coins she’d managed to eat, especially for such a tiny puppy.
Vet nurse Sally Frith, who works at Derby PDSA Pet Hospital, revealed that Daisy ‘has broken a new record’. After a successful surgery, Daisy was able to go home the next day with painkillers and antibiotics
‘The coins had been causing a blockage which, if left, could have been fatal so it’s a good job her owner brought her in to PDSA when she did.
Daisy has since been back for check-ups and is ‘recovering and healing well.
Source: Read Full Article