Meghan Markle quietly REMOVES reference to her Netflix series Pearl from website after show is dumped by streaming giant

MEGHAN Markle has quietly REMOVED all references to her Netflix series Pearl after it was dropped from the streaming platform.

The show, created by the Duchess of Sussex through Archewell Productions, was in the development stage when it was dramatically dumped by Netflix.


Pearl – which followed the story of a 12-year-old girl exploring famous women in history – was set to be the streaming service's first animated series.

And now Meghan has wiped all references to her abandoned show from the Archewell website.

Under the subsection Archewell Productions, there was previously a description of the upcoming show – along with a lengthy quote from Meghan herself.

Meghan was previously working as executive producer on the show alongside Elton John's husband David Furnish.

READ MORE ON MEGHAN

Huge snub for Harry, Meghan & Andrew as Queen BANS them from Jubilee balcony

Queen’s Jubilee could see Harry & Meghan appear on balcony despite ban

The now-wiped quote from Meghan read: "Like many girls her age, our heroine Pearl is on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life’s daily challenges.

"I’m thrilled that Archewell Productions, partnered with the powerhouse platform of Netflix and these incredible producers, will together bring you this new animated series, which celebrates extraordinary women throughout history.

"David Furnish and I have been eager to bring this special series to light, and I am delighted we are able to announce it today.”

Harry and Meghan's production page now features just one of their "two exciting projects" – the 'Heart of Invictus.'

Most read in The Sun

SLEEPING BEAUTY

Ronaldo & Georgina reveal name for baby girl as they post heartwarming pics

BLACKMAIL PLOT

England footie ace in £30k blackmail plot after bedding £150 trans escort

'where are they?'

Gogglebox stars Jenny & Lee spark concern as they go missing from show

bed bound

Liam Gatsby’s future on Towie thrown into doubt after serious op

The production U-turn follows the news that Meghan and Harry, along with their children Archie and Lilibet, will come to the UK for the Queen's Jubilee.

But Prince Harry won't feature on the Buckingham Palace balcony after the Trooping the Colour celebrations after being snubbed by the Queen.

The monarch’s decision to only include royals carrying out official public duties was taken “after careful consideration”, Buckingham Palace said.

Most read in The Sun

SLEEPING BEAUTY

Ronaldo & Georgina reveal name for baby girl as they post heartwarming pics

BLACKMAIL PLOT

England footie ace in £30k blackmail plot after bedding £150 trans escort

'where are they?'

Gogglebox stars Jenny & Lee spark concern as they go missing from show

bed bound

Liam Gatsby’s future on Towie thrown into doubt after serious op

A Palace spokesperson said: “After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year’s traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday 2nd June will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen.”

But a spokesperson for the Sussexes confirmed yesterday that the couple will still make the journey from their home in LA in June.

    Source: Read Full Article