Thomas Markle wants to meet Prince Charles when he visits Britain

‘I want to thank Prince Charles for walking my daughter down the aisle’: Thomas Markle says he and Charles ‘have been ghosted by our children’ and slams ‘rude’ Harry and Meghan for not bringing their children to see the Queen

  • Meghan Markle’s father Thomas says he wants to meet Royal Family members when he visits Britain in June
  • He is planning trip to UK for Queen’s Jubilee celebrations and says he has a ‘lot in common’ with Charles
  • Wants to thank Charles for walking Meghan down the aisle of Windsor Castle for her wedding in May 2018
  • Blasted Harry as an ‘idiot’ and agreed with Donald Trump’s comments about him being ‘whipped’ by Meghan 

Meghan Markle’s father has revealed he wants to meet Prince Charles when he visits Britain for the Queen ‘s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June to talk about how they have ‘both been ghosted by our children’.

Thomas Markle said he also wanted to thank the Prince of Wales for walking Meghan down the aisle of St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle for her wedding in May 2018, adding that he has ‘a lot in common now’ with Charles.

Mr Markle, who did not attend his daughter’s wedding to Prince Harry because he was recovering from heart surgery at the time, has had a strained relationship with the couple and said he also hoped to repair this.

The 77-year-old said he is planning to fly over to the UK in June for the Platinum Jubilee, and while he is in Britain he hopes to meet members of the Royal Family and his grandchildren – Archie and Lilibet – for the first time.

Speaking from his home at Rosarito in Mexico, Mr Markle told MailOnline columnist Dan Wootton on GB News: ‘I’m looking forward to it [flying over for the Jubilee]. I’m going to show my respect for the Queen and I’m going to make sure that the Queen understands that my entire family respects the Queen and the Royals. 

‘We admire them and we want them to know that’s how we feel about them and that’s how we feel about England.  I would like to meet with Prince Charles and thank him for walking my daughter down the aisle, and also to meet and talk with him because I think we have a lot in common now. We’ve pretty much both been ghosted by our children. So yeah, I would really enjoy talking to him. If that’s possible, that would be great.’

But during the interview, Mr Markle also blasted his son-in-law Harry as an ‘idiot’ and agreed with the comments made by former US president Donald Trump yesterday that the Duke of Sussex is ‘whipped’ by Meghan.

Meghan’s father Thomas Markle told GB News that he is planning to fly over to the UK in June for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 

Thomas Markle said he wanted to thank the Prince of Wales for walking Meghan down the aisle of St George’s Chapel in 2018

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the Invictus Games at The Hague in the Netherlands on April 17

Mr Markle added that he was contacting all members of the Royal Family ahead of his visit to Britain to make them all aware that he and his family have ‘no ill feeling about the royals whatsoever’.

He also criticised Harry and Meghan for not bringing Archie and Lilibet with them when they visited the Queen at Windsor Castle earlier this month ahead of their appearance at the Invictus Games in the Hague the Netherlands. 

Donald Trump calls for Queen to strip Harry and Meghan of their titles 

Former US president Donald Trump has called for the Queen to strip the Duke and Duchess of Sussex of their titles.

In an interview with Piers Morgan, Mr Trump told the presenter’s new TalkTV show Piers Morgan Uncensored that Harry was ‘whipped like no person I think I’ve ever seen’.

He predicted Harry and Meghan’s relationship would end badly, branded the duke an ’embarrassment’ and said it was ‘terrible’ that he missed the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service.

Harry was absent when the royal family gathered in remembrance of Philip in March, but travelled with Meghan to see his grandmother the Queen for the first time in two years this month on his way to the Invictus Games in The Hague.

In a later interview with NBC’s Today show, Harry appeared to issue a veiled warning to those closest to the Queen saying he wanted to make sure she was ‘protected’ and had ‘the right people around her’.

Mr Trump, who first met the Queen for tea at Windsor in 2018, said of Harry and Meghan’s Megxit saga: ‘The only thing I disagree with the Queen on probably one of the only things ever is that I think she should have said, if that’s your choice, fine. But you no longer have titles, you know.’

The American billionaire added: ‘I want to know what’s going to happen when Harry decides he’s had enough of being bossed around.

‘Or maybe when she decides that she likes some other guy better. I want to know what’s going to happen when it ends, OK.’

He suggested: ‘I predicted almost everything. It’ll end and it’ll end bad.’

The Queen gifted her grandson the dukedom of Sussex on the morning of his wedding.

Peerages can only be removed by an act of Parliament, although there are also limited circumstances in which hereditary peerages can be renounced by the holder.

Sixth in line Harry and former Suits actress Meghan could be asked by the monarch to stop using their Sussex titles, although they would still technically retain them.

Harry, a prince from birth, would become Prince Henry (Harry) of Wales, while Meghan would be Princess Henry (Harry) of Wales, as she is not a princess in her own right.

After they quit the working monarchy, Harry and Meghan agreed to stop using their HRH styles.

‘Not bringing the children was like another slap in the face to the Queen,’ he said.

Mr Markle continued: ‘It was very rude and the wrong thing to do. It makes no sense at all… I don’t know if it’s Meghan or if it’s Harry but the Queen should have every right to see her great-grandchildren and I should have the right to see my grandchildren. So if they show up I hope they bring the kids.’

Questioned if he was expecting them to be in London during the celebrations, Mr Markle said: ‘I’m getting the feeling that if they know I’m coming, they won’t be coming. 

‘But if they do come I would love to reach out, speak with them and try to figure out what was wrong and how we can repair it. I don’t see that happening. But I certainly would like to try.’

Mr Markle said he wanted to also show his respect to the Queen and meet with Prince Charles to thank him for walking Meghan down the aisle at her wedding to Harry.

He also blasted Harry for his reluctance to travel to London from California over security concerns. 

Mr Markle said: ‘I think it’s ridiculous. He knows how much security you’re going to have. He’s totally safe in that situation. So I don’t understand the things he says and I have so little respect for that man. I think he’s an idiot.’

In an increasingly brutal attack on Harry, Mr Markle continued: ‘He’s like a child. He follows my daughter around like a child. He’s not a man. You can tell me he was in the military but, I can’t believe it. 

‘I think he’s kind of a wuss and always will be. He’s got a brother that’s a real man and he’s got a father who is a real man. But I don’t think he’s ever growing up.’

Later, he also agreed with Mr Trump’s assessment that Harry was ‘whipped’ by Megan. 

Mr Trump urged the Queen to strip Harry and Meghan of all their royal titles as he described the Duke of Sussex as being ‘whipped like no person I think I’ve ever seen’ and ‘led around by his nose’ 

Reacting to Mr Trump’s comments, Mr Markle said: ‘Well, that’s the only time I’ll ever agree with Donald Trump.’

Mr Trump had also admonished Harry for being ‘so disrespectful to the country’ and an ’embarrassment’ – adding that the Queen should ban him from even visiting Britain and tell him: ‘Frankly, don’t come around.’

Mr Trump also said Harry had been ‘led down a path’ and that he wondered whether the Duke – who stepped down as a senior royal in early 2020 with his American wife – would ‘go back on his hands and knees and say ‘please’.’

He claimed is ‘not a fan’ of Meghan and ‘wasn’t right from the beginning’, telling Piers Morgan on the new channel TalkTV: ‘I’ve been a very good predictor, as you know – I’ve predicted almost everything. It’ll end, and it’ll end bad.’

It was Mr Trump’s latest attack on the couple, with him having previously spoken of his support for the 96-year-old monarch who hosted him with wife Melania in a State Banquet at Buckingham Palace in London in June 2019.

Last week, sources told the Daily Mail that Harry might come back to the UK with his children for the Queen’s Jubilee after being ‘reassured’ about arrangements for their security.

Former US president Donald Trump spoke to Piers Morgan and called for the Queen to strip the Sussexes of all their titles

The Queen with then-President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump at Buckingham Palace in London on June 3, 2019

Sources said the Prince appeared mollified at the plans put in place when he and Meghan visited the Queen at Windsor earlier this month.

The couple brought over their own private bodyguards from the US but stayed on the Queen’s Windsor estate and received a Special Escort Group (SEG) detail when travelling outside.

The SEG provides mobile armed protection to both royals and government ministers. This ‘hybrid’ model is now likely to be offered to Harry, Meghan and children, Archie, two, and, Lilibet, ten months, when visiting.

It would be funded by taxpayers as the Home Office have made clear that they cannot agree private financial arrangements with anyone receiving Met Police security.

Harry, 37, is taking legal action against the Home Office after being stripped of armed police protection. He says he does not feel safe under current security arrangements bringing his family to the UK and has offered to pay for British police bodyguards himself.

Members of the Royal Family leave Westminster Abbey in London after the Commonwealth Service on March 9, 2020

The Queen with Meghan Markle, Prince Charles and the Duke of Sussex at Buckingham Palace in London on June 9, 2018

Harry and William at the unveiling of a statue they commissioned of their mother Diana at Kensington Palace on July 1, 2021

The Duke’s barrister, Shaheed Fatima QC, previously told the High Court that Harry considers the UK ‘is and always will be his home’ and says he is keen to return to visit family and friends – although the prince this week said in a TV interview that home ‘is in the States’.

A well-placed source told the Mail: ‘Harry was fairly pleased with the way the operation worked [when he and Meghan came to Windsor] and the liaison between his security team and the Met. He believes it means a workable solution can be found, allowing him to come over with his children as early as the Platinum Jubilee.’

The source said they believed Harry would now row back from his legal action.

Whether this means his family will be seen on the balcony at Buckingham Palace alongside the Queen over the Jubilee weekend remains to be seen.

Source: Read Full Article