THE Apprentice 2022 final has arrived with the remaining contestants all vying for Lord Sugar's attention.
But like all finals of the show, there can only be one winner.
What is the prize for The Apprentice winner?
The winner of The Apprentice gets a £250,000 investment into their business idea and a 50/50 partnership with Lord Alan Sugar.
The deal has resulted in Lord Sugar handing out millions of pounds to a string of successful businesses.
Carina Lepore won in 2019 and had a launch event for her bakery business in September 2020.
She now has two Dough artisan bakehouses in Herne Hill and Beckenham, London.
Read more Sun stories
A FULL rundown of all of The Apprentice winners
The Apprentice's Amy slams Lord Sugar for being 'ageist' and 'anti-American'
She told This Is Money: "To have a cash injection of £250,000 into my business bank account from Lord Sugar was amazing and the show generated a lot of good publicity for my business.
"Takings from the first shop went up and we managed to open a second one.
"I ended up earning a six-figure sum. I was so happy and excited.
"Of course, when the pandemic hit, everything changed for everyone in hospitality.
More from The Apprentice
Ex-Man Utd man Varela dreaming of chance to play at Old Trafford again
A FULL rundown of all of The Apprentice winners
Apprentice winner Sarah Lynn's blunder as viewers spot Sweeteze is already used
Former Apprentice candidate slams Lord Sugar's decision to crown TWO winners
"It's tough at the moment. We're ticking over, so that is good.
"But if it wasn't for the pandemic, we would probably have three or four shops now.
Previously, the remaining candidate at the end of the process won a £100,000 salaried job within Lord Sugar's company.
The change was made in 2011 with Tom Pellereau becoming Lord Sugar’s first business partner.
After the 2019 show ended Lord Sugar revealed he had invested in runner up Scarlett Allen-Horton's recruitment business, Harper Fox Partners.
Who has won the cash prize on The Apprentice?
The Apprentice first kicked off in 2005.
Since then, there have been 15 lucky winners:
- Tim Campbell – In 2005 Tim was given a £100,000-per-year job with Lord Sugar’s company Amstrad and stayed with the firm for two years.
- Michelle Dewberry – In 2006, despite being offered a £100,000 job of her own, Michelle left Lord Sugar’s tech company Xenon Green after a few months.
- Simon Ambrose – In 2007 Simon defeated Katie Hopkins on his way to landing a job with Lord Sugar, working in his property company Armsprop before leaving to set up his own property development firm in 2010.
- Lee McQueen – In 2008 he famously called in sick to his first day working for Lord Sugar’s healthcare company Amscreen, but went on to be one of the longest serving apprentices.
- Yasmina Siadatan – In 2009 Yasmina joined Lee at Amscreen, but left after four months after becoming pregnant and didn’t return.
- Stella English – In 2010 Stella and Lord Sugar’s relationship turned sour as she sued him for “constructive dismissal,” as she left his company after 13 months.
- Tom Pellereau – In 2011 Tom received a £250,000 investment in his invention “Stylfile”, a curved nail file.
- Ricky Martin – In 2012 Ricky won the show and now runs a science recruitment agency and has won several business awards for his work.
- Leah Totten – In 2013 Leah set up a chain of ethical cosmetic clinics with Lord Sugar following her victory, and she also worked part-time for an NHS A&E centre.
- Mark Wright – In 2014, after winning the show, Mark started a digital marketing agency with Lord Sugar called Climb Online that has gone from strength to strength.
- Joseph Valente – In 2015, Joseph used the prize money to invest into his plumbing company ImpraGas.
- Alana Spencer – In 2016 Alana used her success on The Apprentice to launch a luxury cake business, Ridiculously Rich by Alana.
- Sarah Lynn and James White – In 2017 and indecisive Lord Sugar crowned two winners.
- Sian Gabbidon – In 2018 Sian already ran her own swimwear and fashion business but upon winning The Apprentice Lord Sugar became a co-owner in the brand.
- Carina Lepore – In 2019 Carina used the money to invest into her Dough Artisan Bakehouse.
How many contestants reach the final?
A candidate is eliminated from the competition every week and in some cases there can be a double elimination.
The grand finale then sees only two candidates go head to head-to-be crowned winner.
When is The Apprentice on TV?
The final episode of this season's The Apprentice will air tonight at 9pm on BBC One.
Former winner Tim Campbell has joined as one of Lord Sugar's aides to stand in for Claude Littner who won't be taking part.
The finalists include Harpreet Kaur and Kathryn Burn.
History has been made this season as we will see the first-ever all female semi-final in the history of the show.
Source: Read Full Article