Will Travis Scott be banned and who has sued the rapper in $2b Astroworld lawsuit?

TRAVIS Scott is facing a $2b lawsuit after his Astroworld performance saw a mass loss of life and casualties.

Ten people died and hundreds more were hurt on November 5, 2021.

Will Travis Scott be banned?

Travis Scott has NOT been banned from the US and IS NOT leaving the country.

The rumors that he had been started with a TikTok video.

The viral clip notes, “Travis Scott leaves the USA after being banned" followed by text that says, “shocking footage.”

In the video it is hard to understand what the reporter is asking the rapper, but you can hear Scott say “Stop” as he proceeds to walk to his car with his head down.

Given everything that happened at his Astroworld concert, fans rushed to the conclusion he had been banned from the country.

The video that has been circulating online is actually from 2016 and was taken by X17onlineVideo.

Who has sued Travis Scott in Astroworld lawsuit?

The victims

Texas-based attorney Thomas J. Henry has filed a $2 billion lawsuit against Scott and others involved on behalf of all of the Astroworld victims.

Mr Henry stated: “The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off of this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk.”

In an interview with Hollywood Life Mr Henry claimed the injuries his clients sustained after the Astroworld crowd surge ranged from heart attacks, brain injuries to broken bones, extensive bruising and bleeding. 

“Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies,” the attorney said. 

He further detailed, “The crushing effect was so heavy and so hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out.”

He filed the suit against the rapper, Apple Music, Live Nation, NRG Stadium and guest performer Drake on behalf of 282 victims.

All the entities involved have been sued for $2 billion in damages.

Security guards

Two security guards who worked at Astroworld festival have filed a lawsuit claiming they sustained injuries.

As Rolling Stone reports, Samuel and Jackson Bush were hired by security company AJ Melino & Associates to work the festival at Houston’s NRG Park on November 5.

The uncle and nephew allege that while attempting to help concertgoers as the crowd began to surge during Scott’s headline set, Samuel was trampled multiple times, broke his band and injured his back, while Jackson’s shoulder was injured.

28 people and corporations have been named in the Bushes’ suit, including Scott, his label Cactus Jack, festival organisers Live Nation and ScoreMore, NRG Park and AJ Melino & Associates.

According to the Bushes, AJ Melino & Associates failed to adequately prepare those it contracted to work security at the festival.

They allege there were no background checks carried out for those employed, no training was provided, and little instruction was given prior to guards beginning their shifts.

“For the most part, they told us where to stand, not to let people run in, and to be safe and not to put our hands on anybody,” Jackson Bush commented during a press conference.

    Source: Read Full Article