Daily Star TV gives you all the latest interviews and spoilers and Ed Gleave will send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Strictly Come Dancing bosses have reportedly considered scrapping live studio audiences in the wake of celebrity dancer Tom Fletcher testing positive for Covid.
An insider has revealed 'there is nothing they aren't willing to consider' in order to keep the show rolling full steam ahead.
The McFly star, 36, and his professional dance partner Amy Dowden, 31, both tested positive for the coronavirus despite both being double jabbed.
Tom was due to perform with his bandmates at the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow on Sunday when it was announced he would have to self isolate.
It also means that he will have to sit out of next week’s Strictly show.
Now bosses on the BBC1 dance show are holding crisis meetings where they may consider scrapping the studio audience and re-introducing quarantine bubbles for the stars of the show.
Speaking to The Sun, a TV source said: “These would be radical steps to take to increase safety on the set, but given the difficulties producers have had over the past two weeks, there’s nothing they aren’t willing to consider.
“But if they did have to go down this route, it would be a logistical nightmare and might leave some of the stars with a dilemma as many of them are juggling their dance training with their day jobs.”
Holly Willoughby leaves fans gobsmacked after revealing she’s related to EastEnders star
However, introducing bubbles would cause issues for other stars, such as Katie McGlynn who Is still filming scenes for Channel 4’s Hollyoaks.
Last week the BBC cancelled scheduled recordings of A Question of Sport starring Strictly’s Ugo Monye who is a team captain on the rebooted panel show, claiming it was due to “logistical reasons”.
Strictly currently allows a limited audience for live shows, who remain socially distanced from each other as well as crew and talent.
Jean Hale dead: Batman and In Like Flint actress passes away of natural causes
Last year the show started off with a studio audience, but that was scrapped within weeks as another lockdown hit.
Speaking to the MailOnline, an insider said: “After days of negative headlines about dancers not getting the jab, producers had hoped the start of the show would see them turn a corner and put this story to bed.
"So for Amy and Tom to go down with COVID was absolutely crushing news and left everyone dismayed.
“But BBC bosses are refusing to panic. They believe the measures in place are as good as they can be. They've always been clear that nothing is going to be bulletproof and producers can only follow Government guidelines.
“They are now just hoping nobody else comes down with the virus because that would really put the show in danger of being cancelled.”
Get the latest updates on all the things Hollywood, TV and showbiz by signing up to the Daily Star showbiz newsletter.
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Tom Fletcher
Source: Read Full Article