BBC'S gripping drama called Vigil is back on our screens tonight.
The series is headed up by the makers of Line of Duty and Bodyguard and promises to have viewers on the edge of their seats.
When does Vigil start on BBC One?
Vigil is a brand new six-part BBC thriller, written and created by Bafta-nominated writer Tom Edge who is known for The Crown.
The final episode of the series airs TONIGHT at 9pm on BBC One.
All episodes will be made available on BBC iPlayer at the same time as they're broadcast.
What is Vigil about?
Vigil follows the investigation into a dead serviceperson aboard a Royal Navy submarine tasked with maintaining the UK's nuclear deterrent.
The thriller sees police clash with the Royal Navy and British security services as they attempt to get to the bottom of the mysterious death – and the plot only thickens when a disappearing Scottish fishing trawler gets wrapped up in the drama.
DCI Amy Silva leads an investigation on land and at sea, with the action cutting between the investigation in Glasgow, Scotland and the unfolding drama at sea.
She will look into a conspiracy that threatens the very heart of Britain’s nuclear deterrent.
Jones is joined by Line of Duty star Martin Compston, who plays an underwater expert – though the actor himself has revealed he wouldn't be quite as willing as his character to plunge to great depths in the pursuit of truth!
Who is in the cast of Vigil?
The series brings with it an all star cast, including:
- Suranne Jones plays DCI Amy Silva. The actress is known for Gentleman Jack and Doctor Foster.
- Rose Leslie – The actress is known for Game of Thrones and The Good Fight.
- Shaun Evans – The actor is known for Endeavour and Whitechapel.
- Anjli Mohindra – The actress is known for Bodyguard and Bancroft.
- Martin Compston – The actor is known for Line of Duty and Mary Queen of Scots.
- Paterson Joseph – The actor is known for The Leftovers and Peep Show.
- Connor Swindells – The actor is known for Sex Education and Jamestown.
- Adam James – The actor is known for Doctor Foster and Deep State.
- Gary Lewis – The actor is known for His Dark Materials and Billy Elliot.
What have the cast said about Vigil?
Leading lady Suranne Jones told the BBC: “Tom Edge has created a thrill of a story, set in a world I knew nothing about. The cast and crew World Productions have put together to tell this story is so exciting.
"Amy Silva is a brilliantly complex character, thrown into a highly charged situation where her authority is weakened. We watch as she navigates her own personal trauma and loss, all at a time when she’s questioning her relationships and life choices. It feels fresh and relevant and I can’t wait to start filming.”
Meanwhile, Rose Leslie said: “I was weaned on BBC drama and it is thrilling to be back working at a place that feels like home with Tom Edge's complex and gripping script.
"It will be a real honour to work with Suranne and I am looking forward to be filming back in Scotland."
The first trailer has already been released.
Source: Read Full Article