‘Three Lions’ stars David Baddiel and Frank Skinner reunite at Wembley for Euro 2020 clash between England and Germany as comedic duo joke ‘it’s been a while since we were here for this fixture’ after iconic Euro ’96 meeting between the countries
- ‘Three Lions’ singers David Baddiel and Frank Skinner reunited at Wembley
- The pair’s hit song has been the soundtrack to England’s tournaments since ’96
- Hit track was released before Euro ’96, where England were beaten by Germany
- Gareth Southgate’s side took on their rivals at Euro in the last-16 on Tuesday
- England vs Germany – Euro 2020 LIVE: Team news and all the latest updates
- Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here
There were two very special England fans in attendance for the Three Lions’ Euro 2020 showdown with Germany at Wembley on Tuesday night.
Comedic duo David Baddiel and Frank Skinner’s classic football song ‘Three Lions’ has been the soundtrack for England’s tournament campaigns for 25 years since it was released before Euro ’96.
The hit, which features the iconic lyrics ‘football’s coming home’, was performed by the pair alongside rock band The Lightning Seeds.
‘Three Lions’ singers David Baddiel (left) and Frank Skinner (right) reunited at Wembley on Tuesday for England’s Euro 2020 clash with Germany
The popular track by Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds was released before Euro 96
England were beaten in the semi-finals by the Germans back at Euro ’96 and Baddiel and Skinner were back at Wembley for the latest encounter between the two foes on Tuesday evening.
Posing for a selfie together, Baddiel tweeted: ‘So…it’s been a while since we were here for this particular fixture.’
‘Three Lions’ enjoyed a roaring comeback during the 2018 World Cup, in which England got to the semi-finals. It even reached number one in the UK chart during that summer.
‘Three Lions’ is on England’s Euro 2020 playlist — a collection of songs that are belted out pre-match at each stadium.
Gareth Southgate and his players are also being serenaded by the 1990 anthem ‘World in Motion’ by New Order and Fat Les’s ‘Vindaloo’, the raucous England song from the 1998 World Cup.
‘Three Lions’ was England’s song for Euro ’96 where the Three Lions were beaten by Germany
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article