Ja Morant meets Ja Raffe
Listen, things are tough right now. That's not news. It's the holidays, we're all anxious about what's safe and what's not, but there is one constant and that is it's unbearable cute when an NBA rookie has a baby giraffe named after him. The Memphis Zoo named its newest long-necked friend Ja Raffe after Grizzlies rookie of the year Ja Morant.
'This year was a struggle'
Like, well, everyone else, NBA draft picks had a tough, emotional year. But Wednesday's draft offered at least a slice of a joyous time, and as our Jeff Zillgitt writes, it was an extremely emotional night for several players.
Cole Anthony: "I can't even lie. It was a rough year. Just literally like every emotion, I went through that in a short period of time.”
Must-read stories from the week
- 'I can't go out like that':Jets RB Frank Gore thinks every day about going 0-16.
- Freedom: After 37 years in prison for wrongful conviction, Robert DuBoise completes path to freedom.
- 'It's for me?': Cavaliers' Isaac Okoro surprises parents with new car after being drafted.
- Reason for the season?: Florida football coach Dan Mullen, reporter Kassidy Hill have joking exchange about Christmas lights.
- Either/or: Kyler Murray can be a pro at football. Or baseball.
We don't really have words
C'mon. This is too much.
- What were you doing in eighth grade?
- Things at Nebraska are not going well.
- NFL players honor Breonna Taylor.
- Indiana proves itself as no fluke in loss to Ohio State.
- Lavar vs. MJ? Sure, why not.
- Okay, Jets, don't win.
Top-shelf advice from Reviewed.com
- The best exercise bikes of 2020.
- The 10 best places to buy ski and snowboarding gear online.
- Dick's Sporting Goods' 10 Days of Black Friday 2020 has arrived – what to shop now.
- Is Chris Hemsworth's workout app Centr worth it?
Your inbox would approve!
Want more content like this in your inbox? Sign up for USA TODAY Sports' daily sports newsletter, where you'll get the biggest news and trending topics delivered each morning. And we also have an exclusive NFL newsletter (4th & Monday) to satisfy your inbox's appetite.
See you on social
And for more great sports stories from across the USA TODAY Network, check out sports.usatoday.com daily. And don't forget to follow USA TODAY Sports on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Source: Read Full Article