Trump DENIES he 'suffered a series of mini-strokes' after new book claims Pence was 'told to be ready to take over'

PRESIDENT Trump denied rumors that he had "suffered a series of mini-stokes" after rumors swirled that a forthcoming book would question an unplanned trip he made to a hospital last year.

The book, by New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt, reportedly claims that after Trump suffered the strokes, Vice President Mike Pence was told to be ready to takeover should the president need to undergo a procedure that required anesthesia.


Trump, 74, took to Twitter Tuesday morning to deny the rumors, which stemmed from an unplanned visit he made to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in November 2019.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes," he wrote.

"Never happened to THIS candidate – FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!" he added, taking a shot at the mental state of Democratic nominee Joe Biden, a common Trump campaign tactic.

Physician to the President Sean Conley issued a statement shortly after Trump's tweets denying that he is suffering from any health issues.

"I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported by the media," the statement says.

The writer of the book in question, Donald Trump V The United States: Inside the Struggle to Stop a President, denied the president's claims.

"Book says nothing about mini-strokes," Schmidt tweeted shortly after Trump's declarations.

Last year's unplanned Walter Reed trip prompted much speculation about the state of the president's health.

However, the White House said the visit was simply so "portions of his routine annual physical exam" could be performed.

In the days after his hospital visit, the president slammed reporters covering the news as "sick," according to Politico, and said he had to comfort First Lady Melania Trump who was panicking about news that he had a heart attack.

Despite Trump's denial and the statement from his doctor, the hashtags #TrumpStroke and #Trumpisnotwell were trending on Twitter by midday on Tuesday.

Source: Read Full Article